Stewart Park is
When you and your friends and family want a day out to enjoy nature and our gorgeous lakefront, where do you go? If you are like so many in our community, you go to Stewart Park.
You know you will find beautiful views of Cayuga Lake, a sense of quiet and relaxation, a great variety of play and sporting opportunities, and the Cayuga Waterfront Trail and other wonderful paths. You also go because the park is free and easily accessible by bike, car, and bus or a lovely walk from downtown.
Many in our community have helped make Stewart Park a leading destination for recreation and outdoor enjoyment. Their support has directly made these improvements a reality:
- Fuertes Overlook restoration
- Carousel restoration and new fence
- Tea Pavilion reconstruction
- New roof for the Boathouse
- Reconfigured gardens at the park’s entrance
- Mayor Stewart Memorial Flagpole
- Interpretive signs for the park’s historic buildings and overlook, and the Renwick Wildwood overlook
And now many more projects are in the works!
- New Inclusive Playground and Spray Play Area (coming Spring 2018!)
- Restoration of the Picnic Pavilion
- Seasonal Paddling Rentals
- Transformation of the existing parking lot into a Performance Plaza
- Exhibits about silent film history and park history at the Wharton Studio Building
Will you join others in our community in supporting the ongoing work of Friends of Stewart Park through your annual gift?
Thank you so much for considering supporting Friends of Stewart Park!
Did you know that many terrific REVITALIZATION park projects have already been completed?!
– Tea Pavilion reconstruction
– New roof for the Boathouse
– Reconfigured gardens at the park’s entrance
– Mayor Stewart Memorial Flagpole
– Interpretive signs for the park’s historic buildings and overlook, and the Renwick Wildwood overlook.
And many in the works!
– Restoration of the Picnic Pavilion and Fuertes Overlook.
– Planning of a New Playground and Spray Play Area
– Paddling Improvements
– Performance Plaza between the pavilions
– Exhibits about silent film history and park history at the Wharton Studio Building.
There’s so much happening in Stewart Park! Please make a gift today to support our exciting REVITALIZATION projects.