Executive Director of FSP and Playground Project Manager
Chairperson of FSP Board of Directors and Executive Director of the Wharton Studio Museum
Campaign Manager, FSP
Playground Build Coordinator, FSP
The Playground Leadership Committee is comprised of dedicated volunteers and FSP supporters serving in the development capacity of the campaign. Committee members include:
● Sally Grubb, Exhibit Coordinator (Retired), Tompkins County Public Library
● Greg Hartz, President, Tompkins Trust Company
● Laura Hunsinger, Development Executive, Cornell University
● Kimberly Michaels, Partner, TWM Landscape Architects & Board Member, FSP
● Andy Monroe, Board Member, FSP
● Diana Riesman, Board Chair, FSP & Executive Director, Wharton Studio Museum
● David Sprague, Co-owner & Founder, Sprague & Jackson
● Sarah Wicker, Former Assoc. Dean for Admin., Cornell University Graduate School
The Playground Architects
Steve Lauzun, President of Parkitects, has been working with FSP on the Stewart Park Playground for more than four years. He is a Registered Landscape Architect and former design with Leathers and Associates. Steve works with communities throughout New York State and represents Landscape Structures, the leading manufacturer of high quality playground equipment in the United States.
Lee Archin and Dave Iannello, Play By Design’s Co-Founders and Designers for Stewart Park for the pre-school play area and other specialized playground features. Lee and Dave have worked with Leathers and Associates and communities all over the world on community-built playgrounds. Michael Cohen, who specialized in Adult Wellness and Elder Playgrounds is also involved in the project.
Rusty Keeler, Founder and Designer for Earthplay, works with communities nationally and internationally to design and build natural and adventure playgrounds. Rusty is providing design oversight for the Sand and Music Gardens and guidance to maximize natural play opportunities throughout the playground.